General Secretariat for Greeks Abroad (GSGA)
The hospitality of children of emigrant Greeks from the General Secretariat for Greeks Abroad each summer in camps has become an institution. Up to 40 000 children have been already entertained.
The program of hospitality aims at the creation, maintenance and reinforcement of beams of emigrant young Greeks with the homeland of their parents, the maintenance of maternal Greek language, as well as the safeguarding of cultural identity and their national conscience.
Children can apply if:
- at least one of their parents is of Greek origin
- they are aged between 8 - 11 years old
- they have not participated in a previous camping program of GSGA.
All expenses (air tickets, accommodation, nourishment, participation in events) are covered by the GSGA.
The program lasts 20days during July-August (mid-summer in Greece).
The program includes:
- Greek language courses
- visits in historical and archaeological places and museums
- traditional dances training
- musical events, theatrical shows etc.
- excursions, etc.